Here's a little list of things I've been doing the last few months:
- I "graduated" from APU with my Master of Arts in Education in May.
- I officially finished my graduate studies in June! I am now: M. Kristina Martinez, M.Ed.
- I was unemployed from early June till mid August!
- I am long term-subbing for third grade at my old student teaching site!!!!
- I started the year off with these kiddos and am currently learning so much through this experience! It is SO MUCH WORK and so tiring. But I absolutely love it!
I get notes or drawings almost daily from my students and it makes me feel so special! Even though I'm trying to be strict and firm and really get a handle on this classroom management thing, they still draw me pictures and send me notes!
Being a teacher is incredibly hard. Requires so much work inside and outside the classroom. I feel like I have 1000 things on my mind all at once. Even as I type this blog post, I can't stop thinking about the other things I gotta do at some point! When I'm teaching a lesson, I'm thinking about the students that are low, the ELs, the high students, the unmotivated students. I'm thinking about my own classroom management, disciple, being consistent, trying to think of my next lesson. It's just so much that I can see why teachers leave this field after 5 years from burning out.
And like I said before, it is such an amazing learning experience. It's as if you think you've got things planned out and you've thought of everything, and something pops up and you realize, you didn't plan for it. I'm constantly reminded that these students are still young, still coming back from summer, and do not know all my routines. I have to TEACH all that stuff beforehand! Whew, so interesting!
Anyway, it's time to plan some lessons for tomorrow. :) GOODNIGHT!